Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blog #2: Surroundings

I work and live in places full of discarded creativity, there are props, collectibles and projects that creates art in my surroundings, whether it was meant for it or not. 

   HOME
This is on the outside of our front door. I pass by this guy everyday but every once and while ill see him and his message inspired me to keep it old school for a day. He reminds me not to rely on my electronics to think for me, take out my headphones and listen to my surrounds for once. He is hung in a small entry way outside so there is never any light on him, so I used flash on a close up, I was afraid of washing him out but it turned out pretty clear.


  WORK

I took this on my way to the prop studio I do work for, someone painted it on the side of scaffolding that seems to be a part of a construction sight that was abandoned and is not going to restart anytime soon. It is on 3rd street going east to Prospect Park; the street itself is what’s left of the industrial area of the neighborhood, an atmosphere slowly disintegrating in this neighborhood. It gives energy to a blank canvas of a street. I like this photo because of the shadows of the tree branches next to it. it makes the piece of art feel more that it is meant to be in the space it is in, in comparison to a piece of art that is just using a space for its canvas. It is about 10 feet above my head, which makes this shot a medium shot, I feel like a long shot would have lost the images impact and a close up wouldn't have done the picture its proper special justification. 

No comments:

Post a Comment